Ansys SpaceClaimPowerful 3D CAD Tools for non-CAD Experts
SpaceClaim is the world’s fastest and most innovative 3D direct modeler. SpaceClaim Engineer brings 3D solid modeling to the desktops of engineers and analysts who work in a 3D world but don’t want to become experts in traditional parametric CAD modeling system.
Short learning curve
Low entry price and total cost-of-ownership. Fast return on investment
SpaceClaim enables engineers to easily create concepts and prepare 3D designs for digital prototyping, analysis, and manufacturing. SpaceClaim is especially suited for engineers and designers who need a tool that enables simulation-driven product design for:
- Bid Modeling
- CAE Model Preparation
- Companies with Lean Product Development initiatives
- Manufacturing, including:
- Additive manufacturing (rapid prototyping)
- De-featuring and adjusting for NC programming
- Sheet metal manufacturing
- Mold manufacturing
- Industrial Design
- Jewelry Design
Powerful Features in SpaceClaim
Extending the Value of 3D to Everyday Engineering Communication
SpaceClaim Engineer helps engineers interact with CAD geometry in exciting new ways. Any engineer can make dramatic edit to models, conceptualize on-the-fly, and communicate quickly and easily with colleagues, customers, and suppliers. Engineering teams can finish projects with ease in a fraction of the time. Sales and business development groups can win more business by using SpaceClaim to communicate proposals in compelling, realistic 3D.
SpaceClaim’s 3D Direct Modeling technology revolutionizes the way you think about working with 3D solid models because it lets you focus on your design without the complexity of traditional CAD. For example, you can reuse data without planning and remix geometry from other designs, even those created in CAD systems. You can take a design where it needs to go, even those created in CAD systems. You can take a design where it needs to go, regardless of how it was built or the CAD system in which it was created.
Create new concepts and share them with other engineers before entering the detailed design phase; together, you get the concepts right and avoid expensive last-minute design changes. From a blank slate, start drawing 3D shapes as easily and freely as you should on the back of a napkin. De-feature and simplify parts for analysis or manufacturing and optimize the design without being constrained by original modeling intent.
Superior Interoperability, Review, and Archival
SpaceClaim adds value to existing CAD infrastructure by enabling all engineers to leverage existing data and contribute to product definition in 3D. SpaceClaim can seamlessly open and edit 2D and 3D data from almost any CAD system and manipulate lightweight geometry from digital mockup formats such as JT. SpaceClaim can edit foreign data just as easily as if it were created in SpaceClaim itself. SpaceClaim also produces precise, accurate 3D data and 2D drawings to specify detailed design in CAD, creating the most effective handoff to CAD possible. By allowing all engineers to communicate in 3D and 2D, teams can eliminate much of the waste and rework associated with monolithic CAD processes.
- Works with your in-house CAD and PLM tools
- Eliminate waste caused by back and forth with CAD
- Mix and match geometry from multiple sources to get the answers you need
- Easy-to-use, easy-to-learn, low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Read 2D and 3D CAD data, including native formats such as JT, STEP, and 3DPDF
- Write data in formats suitable to CAD, such as JT, CATIA v5, and STEP
- Edit geometry regardless of origin to suggest edits to the CAD team
- Repair flawed or poorly-constructed models with push-button simple tools
- Lightweight open for large assemblies
- De-feature models to create Customer View Models (CVM), which are simplified representations that protect your Intellectual property (IP)
- Perform real-time design reviews with customers and colleagues
- Create 3D markup and drawings to communicate design changes
Specialized tools for 3D Scanning & 3D Printing
Unlike ordinary CAD systems, SpaceClaim has developed specialized tools to assist engineers in taking advantage of emerging technologies such as 3D Scanning and 3D Printing.
Scanned data is typically exported from the scanner utility software as STL. SpaceClaim can read those STL files and allows the user to create cross-section sketches for prismatic or geometric parts, and now also offers rapid surfacing in order to model more complex free-form shapes. These tools rival those available in much more costly, specialized software products.
SpaceClaim’s STL module allows you to import and fix STL files for 3D printing. A series of innovative tools are also available for hybrid modeling between solid bodies and polygon meshes to allow for easy modifications of the original STL.