Geomagic Design X is the fastest path from 3D scan to CAD. It is the only software that combines robust 3D scan processing and complete CAD design functionality, so you can reverse engineer virtually anything faster, more accurately, and more reliably than any other method.
With the new capabilities of Geomagic Design X 2022, you will benefit from streamlined modeling workflows as well as expanded modeling pathways for complex, revolved parts:
- Supports import of over 60 file formats including polygons, point clouds and CAD
- Expertly handles massive mesh and point cloud data alignment, processing and refining, mesh construction
- Easy-to-use mesh repair tools deliver rapid hole filling, smoothing, optimizing, rewrapping and polishing tools such as Smart Brush
- Automatic, feature-based solid and surface extraction direct from 3D scans
- Rapidly creates solids or surfaces like you would in CAD
- Automated Accuracy Analyzer™ tools compare and validate surfaces, solids and sketches against original scan data
- Live Transfer™ supports the output of data to the industry’s leading CAD systems
- Industry-leading Exact Surface creation converts organic shapes to precise CAD models
- Supports comprehensive export of neutral CAD or polygon files
Accelerate Time to Market
Shave days or weeks from product idea to finished design. Scan prototypes and existing parts quicker than ever before!
Broaden Your Design Capabilities
Geomagic Design X is the easiest way to create editable, feature-based CAD models from a 3D Scanner and integrate them into your existing engineering design workflow.
Why Geomagic Design X?
- Speed: Improve your product development, accelerate time to market and achieve longer product life cycles.
- Flexibility. Work seamlessly with any CAD software and create the right model for every project with complete toolsets for solids, surfaces, and meshes.
- Reliability: The only software that combines scan processing, CAD and real-time feedback to produce highly reliable results for your complex designs.
- Simplicity: It works just like your CAD software, you will learn to use it on the fly.
Create products that cannot be designed without reverse engineering, customized parts that require a perfect fit. Create components that integrate perfectly with existing products. Recreate complex geometry that cannot be measured any other way.
Parametric CAD Models from 3D Scan Data
Geomagic Design X uses proven solid and surface modeling techniques to create CAD models from point clouds and polygon meshes produced by 3D scanners. Unlike the raw data that is created by a 3D scanner, these CAD models are lightweight, made up of editable features, and are directly usable for machining, design changes, simulations, analysis, and much more. And unlike first- or second-generation reverse engineering approaches, the models you create in Design X aren’t just static NURBS surfaces. They can be manipulated, edited, updated, and changed at any time and in any way you define. And every model created in Geomagic Design X is sure to be accurate. The patent-pending Accuracy Analyzer™ shows real-time deviation analysis while you redesign the part, so you can ensure your finished model is faithful to the original 3D scan. And it saves time because you never have to leave Design X to check your modeling accuracy.
Capture Design Intent
In Geomagic Design X, you’re not just capturing the shape of the scanned object, you’re capturing its original design intent as well. XOR automatically detects features, such as revolves, extrusions, sweeps, and fillets, on the scanned object. Finished CAD models from Design X are “intelligent” – they contain both form and function. Because the models are made up of features extracted from scans, rather than just surfaces that are fit to scan data, they are much cleaner and have defined dimensions and constraints. Depending on the need, you may want your reverse-engineered models to match the exact geometry of the real world part, including all of its imperfections. But more often than not, a pristine, idealized CAD model that represents the original design intent of the part is preferred. Design X is the only reverse engineering software that extracts design intent as CAD features.
Seamless Interoperability with Full Modeling History in Your CAD System
CAD models are the industry standard for communicating design parameters and manufacturing requirements. Once the 3D scan data of a part has been modeled in Geomagic Design X, a fully parametric solid model with modeling history can be exported through the patent-pending liveTransfer™ and modified in SolidWorks®, Siemens NX™, and CREO®. More interfaces are being developed for release in future versions. Other 3D applications can open models created in Design X using industry-standard formats like Parasolid®, STP, and IGS.
Faster Than Any Other reverse engineering Approach
Geomagic Design X takes an elegantly simple approach to reverse engineering: redesign an object the same way it was originally designed. Because Design X uses 3D scan data as a template on which to build a CAD model, rather than converting the scan data into a NURBS surface model. You don’t need to spend much time cleaning or editing the point cloud or polygon mesh itself. Traditional first- and second-generation reverse engineering approaches require a perfected mesh, which can sometimes take hours to refine. With Design X, you skip directly to making the CAD model. Benchmark tests have shown that this third-generation approach cuts complex reverse engineering jobs from days to hours. SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Parasolid, and CREO are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners in the U.S. and in other countries.