HandySCAN BlackWhen accuracy meets portability. Introducing the generation of HandySCAN 3D laser scanners
The HandySCAN 3D™ family of next generation hand-held scanners have been optimized to meet the needs of product development and engineering professionals that require the most effective and reliable way to acquire 3D measurements of physical objects.
Creaform’s flagship metrology-grade scanner underwent a complete redevelopment, building on its core assets. They are now more portable and faster than ever, delivering accurate, high resolution 3D data while remaining overly simple to use. Yet, it is their true portability that has changed the rules and set a whole new trend in the 3D scanning market.
HandySCAN Black Elite
The HandySCAN Black Elite is part of the new generation of 3D scanners from Creaform.The HandySCAN Black Elite offers increased accuracy and resolution. It is the most versatile 3D scanner on the market for inspection and demanding reverse engineering. Some of the things the HandySCAN Black Elite features:
- Accuracy of 0.025 mm (0.0009 in)
- Mesh Resolution of 0.1 mm (0.0039 in)
- Light Source of 11 blue laser crosses plus 1 extra line
- Scanning area of 310 x 350 mm (12.2 x 13.8 in)
- Has a small weight of 0.94 kg (2.1 lb)
- Measurement rate of 1,300,000 Measurements/s
Looking for the most efficient way to reverse engineer and/or design? The new HandySCAN Black is a reliable tool that will help you get there. The HandySCAN Black is among one of the new 3D laser scanners introduced by Creaform. This new tool that revolutionizes the field of reverse engineering features:
- Accuracy of 0.0035 mm (0.0014 in)
- Measurement rate of 800,000 Measurements/s
- 7 blue laser crosses
- Laser class of 2M which categorized as eye-safe
Example: 3D Scan Data from aircraft panel
TRUaccuracy: Accurate measurements in real life operating conditions.
- Metrology-grade measurements: Accuracy of up to 0.025 mm (0.0009 in), resolution of up to 0.1 mm (0.0039 in), high repeatability and traceable certificate.
- Accuracy in real-life conditions: Regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: Optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: The HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- Reliable: Consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments.
- On-demand user calibration: The scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
TRUportability: 3D scanning where you need to go.
- Stand-alone device: there is no need for an external positioning system, arms, tripod or fixture
- On-the-go scanning: you can take it from place to place or use it in-house or on site
- Lightweight: weights under 1 kg
- Small: Fits into a case the size of a carry-on
- Easy access to confined spaces: thanks to its small size and flexible stand-off distance
- Speed: Fastest path from physical objects to your design or inspection workflow
Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 1,300,000 measures/s.
Automatic mesh output: Ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition.
Quick workflow integration: Usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD software without post-processing.
TRUsimplicity: Overly simple 3D scanning process
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color