Seashells and other sea forms are often taken home as keepsakes. The customer wanted to create a line of containers that were exact replicas of sea forms but scaled much larger. (Figure 1 Starfish shown).
Hire an artist to create a scaled model of desired shape. Unfortunately the original size that was determined may not be adequate.
- Original part is Laser scanned in house using the Konica Minolta Range 7 scanner. (accuracy of .0015”) (Figure 2).
- Scan Data is registered, merged, and aligned in Rapidform XOR to produce a polygon mesh. (Figure 3).
- Mesh is then scaled and then offset to give the part an actual thickness.
- Feasible to obtain quality data previously unavailable by other means.
- Accurate model in STL format.
- Model is then ready to be prototyped to be approved.
Get Started Today!
Figure 1 – StarFish
Figure 2 – Laser Scanned Data
Figure 3 – Final STL mesh