A power plant was due for updates and modifications. Accurate 3D CAD models of the “AS-BUILT” condition were required to design upgrades.
Technicians must measure all components with hand tools and tape measures, and then manually enter data into CAD. Virtually impossible to model every wire and hose accurately.
- Large components were scanned on site using a Leica long range laser scanner.
- Scan Data is registered, merged, and aligned in Rapidform XOR. (Figure 1)
- Each and every tube, wire, and fuel line was modeled. (Figure 2)
- Model is aligned to the customer specified coordinates to meet existing refit models. (Figure 3)
- Less labor intensive, quicker turnaround time, and a much greater degree of accuracy than traditional methods
- 3D model available for design changes, checking clearances, and refit space claim
Get Started Today!
Figure 1 – Raw Scanned Data
Figure 2 – High Detail Modeling
Figure 3 – Global Alignment
Figure 4 – Scanning
The scanner is positioned to take multiple scans from various positions.
Figure 5 – Tower
Outside of the large tower
Figure 6 – Raw Scan Data
After scanning the data is aligned in the correct position to gather enough information to create an accurate model.(
Figure 7 – Starter Room and Turbine
Each pipe/wire/tube/fuel line were all modeled so the engineers would know exactly where they had open space to add re-fit components.