Konica Minolta Vivid 910 3D ScannerNow reborn in a more advanced form, offering a host of new solutions
The VIVID 910 3D Scanner employs laser-beam light sectioning technology to scan workpieces using a slit beam. Light reflected from the workpiece is acquired by a CCD camera, and 3D data is then created by triangulation to determine distance information. The laser beam is scanned using a high-precision galvanometric mirror, and 640 × 480 individual points can be measured per scan.
Konica Minolta’s unique high-speed image processing chips have been integrated in order to ensure rapid measurement, and this has made it possible to complete measurements in 2.5 seconds (or in as little as 0.3 seconds in FAST mode). In addition to distance data, furthermore, this 3D digitizer can also be used to acquire color image data. Employing a rotating filter to separate the acquired light, the VIVID 910 3D Scanner can create color image data for 640 × 480 points with the same CCD as used for distance data.
Highly Accurate 3D Measurement
A high-precision galvanometric scanner is used together with highly accurate adjustment-chart equipment to ensure high-accuracy calculation of 3D data by the VIVID 910. Furthermore, as a global leader in the field of illuminance meters, luminance meters, and colorimeters, Konica Minolta has put its experience and expertise for measurement devices to full use in the establishment of standard solid charts that are traceable to national standards.
- Precision verification and component examination for casting and injection molding
- Creation of FEA data for pressed automobile-chassis components, etc., in addition to verification of analysis results
- Creation of 3D data for the evaluation of accessories and other purchased parts for which 3D CAD data are unavailable (i.e., reverse engineering)
- Conversion of dental-surgery and plastic-surgery data into database format
- Creation of design data from mock-ups and interference-check data for mechanical components
- Integration with rapid-prototyping devices for the creation of plastic mockups
- Comparison of in-house products with those of rival companies, and conversion of the acquired data into database format
- Archiving in museums and research organizations
- Creation of data for CAE analysis
- 3D modeling of solid Objets for various research purposes
- Information and communication engineering, expression analysis, muscle-movement analysis, robot vision, and logging of agricultural produce growth
- Various video-authoring applications
The VIVID 910 3D Scanner is Konica Minolta’s radically enhanced successor to the VIVID 700 and VIVID 900 non-contact 3D digitizers that set new standards for low cost, camera sensitivity, and convenient operation. When operating in FAST mode, this advanced product requires only 0.3 seconds for data input (approximately twice as fast as the VIVID 900); furthermore, when operating in FINE mode, precision of ± 0.008mm and accuracy of ± 0.10mm can be achieved on the Z-axis.
Accordingly, the VIVID 910 will provide you with solutions for a wide range of digitizing tasks. While the development and inspection of all of our measurement devices meet ISO 9000 standards, you can also avail yourself of our test-report issuance*1 and traceability services as a guarantee of the quality of this highly accurate non-contact digitizer. In addition to these services, furthermore, we also replace faulty components free-of-charge and offer regular upgrades for system software, thus ensuring peace-of-mind after the installation of your VIVID 910.
What’s more, polygon-editing software is included with this product as a standard accessory. Using this application, you will be able to automatically align and combine a number of 3D data sets acquired from different angles. With the VIVID 910 3D Scanner, even higher levels of precision can be acquired in the alignment of data segments.
Previous technologies could not efficiently acquire data for surface sections containing both light and dark colors in a single operation. But you can now use Dynamic Range Expansion mode – a cutting-edge VIVID 910 technology – to digitize this type of surface with one scan and without the need for additional surface processing.